School of Music Graduate Assistantships
All students admitted to a graduate music degree program are automatically considered for graduate assistantships.
- Applicant must be unconditionally accepted to a graduate music degree program with a minimum overall 3.00 GPA
- Applicant must be enrolled full-time (min. 9-credit hours) during the semesters of appointment
- Applicant must be pursuing a graduate music degree from Texas State University during the semesters of appointment.
The Graduate Advisor in consultation with faculty will evaluate qualifying candidates on the following criteria:
- Skills and experience related to the position
- Academic achievement
- Teaching, research, performing experience
- Reference letters, resume, statement of purpose (from initial application; additional materials are not required).
Assistantships may be available in the following areas:
- Major Ensemble Support
- Band, Choir, Orchestra Conducting
- Jazz Music Studies
- Latin Music Studies
- Piano Accompanying
- Piano Techniques
- Music Education
- Music History/Literature
- Music Theory/Composition
- Vocal Techniques
- Basic Musicianship
- Academic Program Support
Assistantships may be combined with any other music scholarships, performance grants, or general university financial aid.