Becoming a Music Major
Audition and/or interview required for admission to all graduate and undergraduate programs.
Preparation for Audition: Undergraduate
- Submit the Undergraduate Online Admission and Audition Request
- Choose music suggested by Undergraduate Audition Repertoire
- Submit recommendation forms and resume (see UnderGrad Admissions Checklist)
- Prepare for Music Theory Diagnostic & Aural Skills Test
- Sound Recording Technology - SRT - You must submit a separate application
(due March 1)
- Jazz Studies Majors must include a separate jazz audition as well as the general audition
- Audition Day: Registration: between 8:30am - 9:00am
(Those who register first, audition first)
- Access current dates here: Current Audition Dates
- General Meeting: 9:00am
- Auditions begin: 9:30am Theory diagnostic & aural skills test
NOTE: Live auditions are preferred; however, those prospective music students unable to audition in person due to geographic distance from campus may submit an audio or video cassette recording representative of their performing abilities.
Deadline for tape submission is April 1 (Fall admission) or November 1 (Spring admission). Theory diagnostic test will be given during the week before classes begin.
Back to Piano Department Website