Parent and Camper Information
- Tuition and Fees
- What to Bring
- Check-in for Overnight and Day Campers
- Final Concert/Check-out
- Instrument Security
- Special Needs
Tuition and Fees
Group rates are available to schools and ensembles. Please contact the camp directly for more information.
Overnight Campers - $675
Includes all classes and activities, overnight housing, meals, a camp t-shirt and group photo.
Day Campers - $425
Includes all classes and activities, lunches, a camp t-shirt and group photo.
All-State Etude Clinic - $25
Elective class with a member of the Texas State Music Faculty and a copy of the 2019 All State Etudes.
Private Lessons - $25 per 30 minute lesson
Limit 3 per student. Payment for lessons is made in person at Registration on Sunday June 23rd.
Electives – No cost, included in tuition.
Students may enroll in (2) two electives or (1) one elective with the All-State Etude Clinic. Please rank elective choices on the Registration Form.
Late Fee - $25 fee for camp applications received after June 1st.
To reserve your space today:
A $150.00 deposit is required at the time you submit your application. After your deposit and registration form have been processed, you will receive a confirmation letter with additional information and details.
**Tuition is non-refundable. A student who fails to appear the first day of camp, or who leaves after registration will not receive a refund.**
What to Bring
You’ll need a few necessities to go along with your love of music! No camp experience would be complete without the following:
- Your instrument, bow and case.
- Extra supplies: rosin, rockstops, shoulder rests, tuners, extra strings and/or a music stand.
- Solo materials or etudes if you are taking private lessons. All State etudes will be provided.
- A recording device can be very useful for master classes, electives, lessons and sectionals.
- Sheets for a twin bed, pillow and case, blanket and comforter.
- Towel(s) for showers and River Day.
- Toiletries - soap, shampoo, deodorant, toothbrush/paste.
- Shower Shoes: flip-flops work best!!
- A jacket or sweater; the air conditioning in the dorms and Music Building can feel very cold on a hot summer day!
- Comfortable walking shoes (not flip flops) and appropriate clothing for 8 days/7 nights.
- Swimsuit and RIVER SHOES (flip flops are acceptable) for our trip to the San Marcos River!
- Dress attire for the Final Concert (white or colorful dress shirt/dark bottoms)
- Please bring a limited amount of spending money for the following optional items:
- Camp Store – strings, rosin and other playing accessories will be available every day during camp incase something breaks or is forgotten at home.
- Vending Machines and Concessions at the dorms
- Dinner in San Marcos - campers will have the option to dine at local restaurants after we return from the river on Wednesday evening*
*Cafeteria dinner is an alternate option for campers who do not wish to eat out.
Closet space is limited in the dorms. Do not bring any electrical items for food preparation.
Use of electronics will not be allowed after Lights Out at 10:00pm.
Campers who bring cell phones are asked to turn them off during all rehearsals and classroom instruction.
Please do not bring controlled substances, including non-prescribed drugs or alcohol of any kind, cigarettes, weapons, or fireworks. These items are not permitted in the possession of Texas State Strings Camp participants. Students found using or in the possession of controlled substances will be dismissed from Camp immediately; no fees will be refunded.
Texas State University prohibits the use of skateboards, roller skates, and roller blades on campus.
Upon arriving at the Texas State Strings Camp, families should plan on spending about an hour checking in, unloading belongings at the dorms, and saying goodbye for the week! Day Campers will check in on Sunday at the Music Building prior to auditions. Please read below for details:
Campers: Check-in Sunday, June 23rd
Registration for overnight campers will be held on Sunday, June 17th at the School of Music on the Texas State Campus. At registration, you can take care of any unfinished business (unpaid balance, medical forms, paying for private lessons, etc.). After you check in, we will direct you to your room to unpack your belongings and meet your roommate. If you are unable to register during the designated times, please contact our camp office to make alternate arrangements. There will be specific registration guidelines for time slots announced closer to the start of camp.
Steps to finalize Registration:
· Pay remaining balance by check or cash.
· Sign up and pay for private lessons (optional).
· Receive your camper packet, t-shirt, schedule.
Our Final Concert will be held at the Patti Strickel Harrison Theatre, at 11:00 am and 1:00pm on Saturday, June 29th. We encourage parents, family, and friends to come and enjoy music performed by each of our four orchestras and a brief awards ceremony.
Counselors will be available at the dorms immediately following the concert to assist overnight campers with checkout procedures. Please arrive in time to gather belongings, return keys, clean rooms and check out of the dorms no later than 3:00pm on Saturday, June 29th. Just a reminder: dinner will not be included for camp students on Saturday evening.
All campers will have the opportunity to store their instruments in a secured Music Building classroom during meals, evening activities, and overnight. The camp director will control access to the classroom and the room will remain locked when not in use. Please do not use University lockers during the week of camp.
If your child has any food allergies, special medications, or if you have other concerns regarding the week of camp, please feel free to contact: email@example.com
Students who drive to camp will turn in their keys at check-in and receive them at the end of the week. You must notify us two weeks prior to the start of camp if you plan on parking a vehicle a on campus, as a parking permit is required to park on the Texas State campus.