Please complete the registration form below and continue to our secure online payment application.
*All applicants for the Gomez Competition will receive full consideration for the festival. You do not need to fill out a separate application for the festival.
REGISTRANT INFORMATION - 2018
Preliminary Round - Due by March 15, 2018
Send a DVD or YouTube links containing 40 minutes of video featuring at least one movement of a concerto from Group A and at least one movement of a concerto from Group B. The video must have accompaniment, either orchestra or second piano. Cuts are allowed in accompaniment parts.
Final Round - Held during the 9th TSIPF
Students will be allowed 40 minute time slots. Students will perform at least one movement of a concerto from Group A and at least one movement of a concerto from Group B. Finalists are urged to design their competition program so that it displays the full range of their artistic ability. When submitting your finals repertoire, please indicate exactly where you would like your cuts in the orchestral part. A collaborative pianist will be provided for you but you may choose to bring your own at your own expense. Your total time, including orchestra parts, must be between 35 to 40 minutes.
Finalists may include part of their first round repertoire in their 40 - minute competition program.
- Mozart: Any Concerto
- Beethoven: Concerto Nos. 1 & 2
- Bartok: Any Concerto
- Beethoven: Concerto Nos. 3 - 5
- Brahms: Any Concerto
- Chopin: Any Concerto
- Grieg: Concerto in A Minor
- Liszt: Concerto No. 1 & 2, Totentanz, or Rhapsodie Espagnole
- Mendelssohn: Concerto No. 1 or Capriccio Brilliant Op. 22
- Prokofiev: Concerto Nos. 1 - 3
- Saint- Saëns: Concerto Nos. 2 & 5
- Schumann: Concerto in A Minor
- Rachmaninoff: Concerto Nos. 1 - 4, Rhapsody on a Theme of Paganini
- Tchaikovsky: Concerto No. 1
- *Any other concerti must be approved by TSIPF
MAIL DVD TO:
Dr. Jason Kwak
School of Music
Texas State University
601 University Drive
San Marcos, TX 78666, USA
EMAIL YouTube LINKS TO:
"I hereby agree to abide by all rules and conditions of the TSIPF Ben I. Gomez Piano Competition laid down in the Apply page"
Note: $50 Online Application Fee is Non-Refundable