Join the Conversation
- The School of Music is committed to excellence in music teaching and learning for all students at Texas State.
- As a unit within Texas State, we provide a liberal education with emphasis on cultural values by offering special course work in the arts and humanities.
- The School of Music offers thorough preparation for careers in music, music education and sound recording.
- In addition, it provides opportunities for all university students to develop musical skills and cultural understanding.
- The School also serves as an outstanding cultural resource for the university and San Marcos communities.
- Music graduates with teacher certification work as band directors, choir directors, orchestra directors, or general music teachers.
- Music Performance and Jazz Studies graduates perform, establish their own teaching studios, attend graduate school, or use their music degree as a foundation for their careers.
- Sound recording graduates work as sound recording engineers, producers, and technicians in the recording and entertainment industries.
- Bachelor of Arts graduates work in arts administration, musicology, librarianship, music therapy, and other music-related fields such as law, management, and sales.
- The choices of profession for a student completing a Bachelor of Arts or a Bachelor of Music are numerous.